Where is the project?
The Seven Cowboy Wind Project is located between Rocky, Cordell, and Sentinel, OK in Washita County and north of Hobart in Kiowa County.
What transmission line does the project connect with?
The Sundance Wind Project is expected to line tap the Gracemont to Chisholm 345 kv line.
What is the size of the project?
Landowners and Acreage Involved:
The project consist of over 75 landowners totaling approximately 50,000 acres.
When will the project start operating?
Who is developing the project?
The developer of the Seven Cowboy Wind Project is Tradewind Energy, Inc.
Key Project Attributes:
- Once operational, the project is expected to produce enough power for approximately 98,000 homes.
- Of the approximate 50,000 acres included in the project area, the project will only take approximately 1% to 2% acres of land out of service, including all land for roads, turbine foundations, and maintenance building.
- The project is expected to have no material effect on any threatened and endangered species of birds or animals based on third party studies commissioned by Tradewind Energy.
- This project will pay approximately $1,500,000 annually to participating landowners.
- The project will utilize considerable local labor and materials for its construction and operations along with generating significant economic benefit for the county, local community, and school district.
- The project has been developed in a mixture of native rangeland and improved cropland.
- This project enjoys broad community support.
- 2016 & 2017 Sentinel 4-H & FFA Livestock Trophy Auction
*Photos do not depict Freedom Wind Project