Energy Type: Wind
Where is the project?
The Fourmile Wind Project is located near Sherburn, MN extending west to Jackson, MN and south to the Iowa border in Martin and Jackson Counties.
What transmission line does the project connect with?
The Fourmile Wind Project is expected to interconnect to a 138 kV (ITC Midwest) line at the Jackson North substation in Jackson, MN
What is the size of the project?
Up to 300MW
Landowners and Acreage Involved:
Around 150 landowners and up to 60,000 acres will be involved in the project
When will the project start operating?
Who is developing the project?
The developer of the Fourmile Wind Project is Tradewind Energy, Inc.
Key Project Attributes:
- Once operational, the project is expected to produce enough power for approximately 98,000 homes.
- Of the approximate 60,000 acres included in the project area, the project will only take approximately 1% to 2% acres of land out of service, including all land for roads, turbine foundations, and maintenance building.
- The project is expected to have no material effect on any threatened and endangered species of birds or animals based on third party studies commissioned by Tradewind Energy.
- Landowners will be participating and collecting lease rent payments from the project.
- The project will utilize significant local labor and materials for its construction and operations and will generate significant economic benefits to the local community.
- The project fits well with the surrounding area in terms of the existing infrastructure and commercial activities and enjoys broad community support.
- The project, when completed, will offset approximately 210,000 passenger vehicles and over 900,000 tons of carbon dioxide emissions per year.