Where is the project?
The Clear Sky Wind Project is located northwest of Shidler, OK in Kay County just south of the Kansas state line.
What transmission line does the project connect with?
The Clear Sky Wind Project is expected to interconnect to a 138 kV line at the Remington substation east of Burbank, OK.
What is the size of the project?
Landowners and Acreage Involved:
The project consist of 3 landowners totaling 8,500 acres.
When will the project start operating?
Who is developing the project?
The developer of the Clear Sky Wind Project is Tradewind Energy, Inc.
Key Project Attributes:
- Once operational, the project is expected to produce enough power for approximately 40,000 homes.
- Of the approximate 8,500 acres included in the project area, the project will only take approximately 2% to 3% acres of land out of service, including all land for roads, turbine foundations, and maintenance building.
- The project is expected to have no material effect on any threatened and endangered species of birds or animals based on third party studies commissioned by Tradewind Energy.
- This project will pay approximately $750,000 annually to participating landowners.
- The project will utilize considerable local labor and materials for its construction and operations along with generating significant economic benefit for the county, local community, and school district.
- The project is in a very remote, unpopulated area and enjoys broad community support.
*Photos do not depict the Clear Sky Wind Project