Where is the project?
The project is in Stevens County, MN just southwest of Morris, MN.
What transmission line does the project connect with?
A new substation southwest of Morris, MN on the Morris-Walden 115 kV line.
What is the size of the project?
Landowners and Acreage Involved:
As an early stage development, leasing began in mid-2017 but by the time leasing is complete in mid-2018, Tradewind expects to have approximately 15,000 acres under lease with approximately 60 landowners.
Who is buying the power?
The power produced by the Ceres Wind Project will be sold to regional regulated and non-regulated utility companies.
Who is developing the project?
The developer of the Ceres Wind Project is Tradewind Energy, Inc.
Key Project Attributes:
- Once operational, the project is expected to produce enough power for approximately 30,000 homes.
- This project is one of the most energetic wind development sites in Illinois.
- Of the approximate 15,000 acres included in the project area, the project will only take approximately 1% to 2% acres of land out of service, including all land for roads, turbine foundations, and maintenance building.
- Landowners will be participating and collecting royalty payments from the project.
- The project will utilize significant local labor and materials for its construction and operations and will generate significant economic benefits to the local community.
- The project fits well with the surrounding area in terms of the existing infrastructure and commercial activities and enjoys broad community support.
- The project, when completed, will offset approximately 600,000 tons of carbon dioxide emissions per year, 2,000 tons of NOx per year, and 2,800 tons of SO2 per year.