Where is the project?
The Bravo Dome Wind Project is located west of Amistad, NM in Union & Hardin County.
What transmission line does the project connect with?
The Bravo Dome Wind Project is expected to interconnect behind the meter to provide energy for the Occidental Gas Plant.
What is the size of the project?
Landowners and Acreage Involved:
The project consist of 3 landowners totaling over 20,000 acres.
When will the project start operating?
Who is developing the project?
The developer of the Bravo Dome Wind Project is Tradewind Energy, Inc.
Key Project Attributes:
- Once operational, the project will supply power to the Occidental Bravo Dome Gas Plant.
- Of the approximate 20,00 acres included in the project area, the project will only take approximately 1% to 2% acres of land out of service, including all land for roads, turbine foundations, and maintenance building.
- The project is expected to have no material effect on any threatened and endangered species of birds or animals based on third party studies commissioned by Tradewind Energy.
- This project will pay approximately $250,000 annually to participating landowners.
- The project will utilize considerable local labor and materials for its construction and operations along with generating significant economic benefit for the county, local community, and school district.
- The project is in a very remote, unpopulated area and enjoys broad community support.
*Photos do not depict the Bravo Dome Wind Project