We are looking for a motivated and talented individual to join our Geographic Information Systems (GIS) team. We are now seeking to hire an Industry Analyst to populate and manage an enterprise-wide database and related GIS features associated with renewable energy.
The successful candidate will work with the GIS team and have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with our Development, Environmental & Permitting, Meteorology and Real Estate teams.
- Input data into enterprise-wide GIS database to track wind and solar energy projects
- Provide GIS and cartographic support to clients and staff
- Edit and create accurate GIS data, maintain spatial databases, and perform tasks related to competition analysis
- Generate production quality maps
- Research government records and online databases to determine land interests
- Review and coordinate data submitted by development managers and land acquisition agents related to trusts, probates, corporate entities, and conveyance documents, to determine and confirm execution authority of contracts
- Input data into company database to monitor and record pertinent contracts and continually maintain data integrity
- Assist remote field agents with information gathering and provide support for contract needs
Candidate should have a thorough understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and cartographic principles. Candidate must be organized, an effective communicator, capable of managing multiple tasks, and work effectively with individuals both internally and externally of the office. Attention to detail and the ability to work independently with minimal guidance are essential. Strong computer skills are required, and a familiarity with database-driven applications and interfacing with GIS software.
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Geology, Environmental Science, Computer Science, Engineering or other applicable area.
- Familiarity with Esri ArcGIS desktop software, ArcGIS Online, ArcPro and ArcGIS Collector.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of GIS work experience using GIS applications such as ArcGIS and related extensions, relational databases and broad knowledge of GIS capabilities.
- Experience in renewable energy development, project level evaluation, regional transmission grids, real estate and land records, local and state permitting, and environmental studies.
- Excellent problem-solving, verbal and written communication, design, development and debugging skills
Tradewind Energy, Inc. is one of the largest independent wind and solar project development companies in the U.S. Founded in 2003, our company has earned a reputation for innovation in the market, for our highly skilled and passionate team, and for the respect we demonstrate for the people and communities where we develop projects.
We’ve been honored with the Kansas Governor’s Energy Achievement Award and bestowed the national Outstanding Commercial Achievement Award by the American Wind Energy Association. Our founders were named 2013 finalists for the E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness and work-life balance of our employees. We have an on-site fitness facility and it’s not unusual to see our employees cycling to work. Our 110+ employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team oriented and committed to renewable energy. In addition to exceptional employee benefits and a beautifully designed workplace, we enjoy a balance of work and play and provide our employees with healthy snacks and catered lunches. We offer our employees highly competitive pay and above market benefits.
We take great pride in our demonstrated ability to deliver low-cost wind and solar energy to diverse markets while maintaining an uncompromising commitment to long-term project quality. To date, Tradewind has contracted for more than 3 GW of installed wind and solar capacity, powering over 1 million homes with clean energy. We continue to grow and are rapidly expanding our portfolio.
Please submit a resume to:
Attention: Sue Chalupa