Human Resources Generalist
We are seeking a candidate to be our key individual handling the human resources function of our organization. The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the day-to-day management of HR operations supporting a growing organization currently consisting of 130 individuals. The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities.
- Onboarding new employees, including all new hire paperwork, benefit enrollment, etc.
- Managing day to day benefit administration, renewals, communications, etc.
- Assisting with recruiting process by posting jobs, contacting agencies, researching market salary data, etc.
- Create offer letters, initiate and monitor background check completion, initiate new hire internal communication with IT and other necessary groups, and assist the manager with the hiring process.
- Process payroll through our third party payroll vendor.
- Leave of Absence management.
- Managing employee review process.
- Manage compliance and administration of all policies and procedures, work to create or edit policies as necessary, and maintain our employee handbook.
- A strong voice on our wellness committee, coordinating various initiatives through our insurance brokerage and insurance companies to educate and encourage employee wellness.
- Maintain employment files and records.
- Improve manager and employee performance by administering management and employee training and development.
- Special projects as assigned.
Candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and be capable of handling employee relation situations with professionalism, integrity, patience and compassion while upholding company policies. Candidate must ethically approach every day, maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality with personnel and payroll information. Candidate must be a team player, with a passion to maintain our workplace culture. Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills with all levels of employees, and have the ability to conduct meetings to present HR related information to employees or management. The individual must have the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment. Attention to detail and accurate data entry skills are essential. Strong computer skills are required, proficient in MS Word and Excel.
Relevant work experience in either payroll completion or finance/accounting is required.
HR Certification is desired.
Tradewind Energy, Inc. is one of the largest independent wind and solar project development companies in the U.S. Founded in 2003, our company has earned a reputation for innovation in the market, for our highly skilled and passionate team, and for the respect we demonstrate for the people and communities where we develop projects.
We’ve been honored with the Kansas Governor’s Energy Achievement Award and bestowed the national Outstanding Commercial Achievement Award by the American Wind Energy Association. Our founders were named 2013 finalists for the E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year.
Our workplace culture attracts competitive, smart and fun people. We are committed to the health, fitness and work-life balance of our employees. We have an on-site fitness facility and it’s not unusual to see our employees cycling to work. Our 110+ employees are highly motivated, technically proficient, team oriented and committed to renewable energy. In addition to exceptional employee benefits and a beautifully designed workplace, we enjoy a balance of work and play and provide our employees with healthy snacks and catered lunches. We offer our employees highly competitive pay and above market benefits.
We take great pride in our demonstrated ability to deliver low-cost wind and solar energy to diverse markets while maintaining an uncompromising commitment to long-term project quality. To date, Tradewind has contracted for more than 3 GW of installed wind and solar capacity, powering over 1 million homes with clean energy. We continue to grow and are rapidly expanding our portfolio.
Please submit a resume to:
Attention: Liz Bentley