The Alta Farms II Wind Project is located northwest of Clinton, Illinois primarily in DeWitt County extending into the southeastern portion of Logan County.
Dual 345 kV PJM transmission lines near the project are the primary interconnection target.
To be determined.
Landowners and Acreage Involved:
Alta Farms II Wind Project encompasses approximately 35,000 acres.
The power to be produced by the Alta Farms II Wind Project is currently being marketed to local and regional utilities.
The developer of the Alta Farms II Wind Project is TradeWind Energy, LLC (“TradeWind”), which is headquartered in Lenexa, Kansas. The senior managers of TradeWind have over 100 years of combined experience in the independent power development business including acquisitions and project development across the United States, Europe, Canada, and the Caribbean, as well as significant regulated utility experience.
Key Project Attributes:
- Alta Farms II Wind Project would produce enough power for approximately 60,000 residential homes.
- The project will only take a small amount of acreage (1% to 2%) out of service, including land for roads, turbine foundations, and maintenance buildings.
- The project is in an excellent location with regionally cost-competitive wind.
- The project will utilize significant local labor and materials for its construction and operations and will generate significant economic benefits to the local community.
- The project, when completed, will offset approximately 600,000 tons of carbon dioxide emissions per year, 2,000 tons of NOx per year, and 2,800 tons of SO2 per year.